Founder of Verumus | L2/11 York Street, Sydney, NSW
M| +61 400 38 2636
[GAS HUB IN THE KIMBERLEY?!!] - An Awareness Campaign
SYNOPSIS: Today energy sources are becoming increasingly scarce. Sadly renewable energy just make up for a small percentage of our energy source and could not keep up with the increasing demands in today's society.
As energy needs drive society to also plunder and abuse the natural beauty of our environment, this experiment takes place in a setting that highlights this issue.
In physics, energy is measured by way of density, such abstract and intangible - that cannot easily be discerned in its raw form. So, as well as visual recognition, to make it interesting and to bring to focus the growing number of platforms of sensory technologies, this analytics engine also explores interpreting data so one can also discern information through metaphysical experiences.
This analytics engine is an energy harvesting island where one can discern raw data in real-time environment by way of multi-sensory platforms.
Music: Cut&Run by Kevin Macleod
Tools I Used: Sandbox 2, SketchUp, 3DsMax, Fraps, PremierPro
TUTORIAL - SANDBOX2 TO CREATE AN ELECTROSTATIC ENVIRONMENT:
HOW TO CREATE AN ELECTROSTATIC ENVIRONMENT USING FLOWGRAPH, FX_ENERGYFIELD AND SPAWN PARTICLE EFFECTS USING SANDBOX 2 EDITOR.
This tutorial assumes that you are familiar with the basics of CryEngine's Sandbox Editor v2 and have created your own basic level.
You'll also need to be able to export your own 3D objects from SketchUp.
To extend this tutorial, explore the 'TIPS' below.
To start, open up your own level.
[difficulty : beginners-intermediate]
1. when using fx_energyfield, make sure it is viewed against the normals of a 3D object;
2. disable collision of the 3D object to be transformed into the fx_energyfield as its solid properties will still be effective in game
3. as the fx_energyfield is still an object, it can function as an entity and can be transformed as usual. (move, scale, etc)
4. create simple 3D objects for less dense energyfields
5. the spawn particle effects (electrical currents) can be assigned to the position of the fx_energyfield and the trigger could be its variable parameter
6. for shallow contained water or ground puddles, change materiality instead of using watervoxels
TOOLS: SANDBOX 2 EDITOR, CAMTASIA, SKETCHUP
for more sandbox2 tutorials refer to www.maxedgaming.com/tutorials